<![CDATA[All businesses, which prepares and serves food, are subjected to regular inspections by DineSafe. DineSafe is a public health food safety program in Toronto that adheres to all provincial and municipal regulations. As such, these established must satisfy the requirements as contained within the Ontario Food Premises Regulation, as well as those set up by municipalities within the Greater Toronto Area.
The frequency of DineSafe inspections is based on the risk level (Low, Moderate, or High) of the business based upon specific criteria. In addition, the number of minimum inspections per year are one, two, or three times (Low, Moderate, or High). However, that does not mean an establishment could be inspected more than the minimum required visits.
Any time a business does not meet the prescribed standards, they receive an infraction. The health inspector does have the right to issue a ticket for each infraction with fines ranging from as little as $45 up to $370, depending on the severity of the infraction. After an inspection, a restaurant will receive one of three notices:
- Pass – A pass notice means the restaurant cleaning either had no infractions and met all standards or only had minor infractions.
- Conditional Pass – A conditional pass is issued when there are significant infractions discovered. The restaurant is given 24 to 48 hours to correct these, and then the inspector conducts a follow-up inspection. If the infractions are not resolved, tickets can be issued, as well as a court summons to appear in court.
- Closed – A closed notice is issued when there are critical infractions found. The restaurant cannot reopen until these have been resolved and there has been a follow-up inspection performed. The inspector will visit the restaurant daily to ensure it remains closed until it passes an inspection. The owner could also be issued a court summons.
Keeping Your Restaurant Clean
The easiest way to ensure you always receive a pass notice from health inspections is to retain the services of a qualified professional cleaning service in Toronto, like Focus Cleaning. Our cleaning service can help address specific areas of the operation you or your employees could overlook or dislike cleaning, including, but not limited to:
- Vacuuming and Steam Cleaning Carpeting
- Front-of-the-House Mopping and Waxing Floors
- Degreasing and Mopping Kitchen Floors
- Washing and Cleaning Kitchen Mats
- Detailed Cleaning of Tables and Chairs/Booths
- Dusting Wall Hangings, Light Covers, Windows, AC Vents, and Mini-Blinds
- Disinfecting and Sanitizing Bathrooms
- Cleaning Exhaust Ducts, Filters, and Fans
- Cleaning and Degreasing Kitchen Hoods
- Cleaning and Removing Grime and Food from Dumpster Area
- Washing Exterior and Interior Windows and Doors
- Pressure Washing Building Exterior and Floors
- Emptying and Cleaning Grease Traps
- Refilling Consumables (Soap, Paper Products, and More)
To learn more about our customizable cleaning solutions for your bar, restaurant or other food establishment, contact us today by calling 416-283-2561.