During the winter months, people are more susceptible to illnesses and infections. One of the reasons for the increase in sicknesses is due to reduced humidity in indoor air and lower air quality. Heated air is drier and holds less humidity, so it does not effectively remove airborne viruses and bacteria as easily as it does during the summer months, when the air is much more humid.
As a medical professional, you will want to make sure your medical office healthcare providers and staff are better able to fight off infections when being exposed to so many germs, illnesses and sicknesses from your patients. Our Toronto professional cleaning service is pleased to offer these useful tips and suggestions:
- Make sure air filters are changed on a monthly basis. Your heating system needs to have filters changed on a regular basis to ensure they are working properly to remove dust, dirt, bacteria, and other contaminants from the air you breathe.
- Use a humidifier to increase indoor humidity levels. You could have a humidification system installed to supplement your heating system or use stand-alone units in key locations throughout your facility. When humidity levels are increased, as already mentioned above, the added moisture helps remove more contaminants from the air, as well as helps prevent static electricity and address concerns over dry and chapped skin conditions.
- Have your facility cleaned on a daily basis by our medical office cleaning company. Examination rooms, waiting areas, nurse and administrative staff work areas, break areas, and more all need to be detailed cleaned to remove germs and illness causing bacteria and viruses. We will even make sure those commonly overlooked areas are properly sanitized, like keyboards and mice!
- Verify your staff is up-to-date on their immunizations. Healthcare providers and those that come into contact with sick patients on a daily basis need to make sure they have the added protections immunizations, like the flu shot can provide.
- Have carpeting deep cleaned monthly in the wintertime. Bacteria, mold, mildew, and other such particles can get trapped deep inside carpeting. If you have carpeted areas within your facility, it is important to remove these items to prevent them from spreading illnesses.
- Have entrance mats cleaned daily and changed out weekly. Just like carpeting, entryway door mats can become hosts to mold, mildew, and other contaminants.
- Sanitize numerous times throughout the day. Wipe down countertops, sinks, and other such areas several times daily with the appropriate sanitizers to kill germs. Our cleaning company will also sanitize work areas during our cleaning visits!
- Wash hands frequently. Make sure to encourage your staff to get into the habit of washing their hands more often whenever switching tasksand supplement hand washing with hand sanitizers.
By taking the time to ensure your medical office is properly cleaned, sanitized and maintained throughout the winter months, you can help reduce the likelihood your staff will become ill. To obtain a free cleaning quote for your medical facility, please feel free to contact Focus Cleaning today at (647) 895-9276!